Friday, May 27, 2011

A Poem I wrote titled "Another Day"

A part of me had slipped away
Hope and dreams began to fade
Days ahead were looking bleak
I never been this weak

When things aren’t going quite your way
It is easy to go astray
To disguise your fears
To flee from everyday

I’ve decided not to runaway
I took a step back
Took a look around
And will keep on my way

The days are not yet lost
My dreams are still to be
With strength, hope, and courage
Life will go on another day

This journey of discovery
Bound for up’s and downs
I’m determined to stay focused
And stand my ground

As the sun shines, and the ocean waves
A new dawn is on the way
A better light than what was to be
Will hover over me

When that day is achieved
Hope will have prevailed
Dreams will be unveiled
And life will go on another day

No comments:

Post a Comment

RiseUpToHIV Daily News Digest