Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Department of HHS responds to my letter regarding the ADAP crisis

I had sent a letter to the President, Secretary Sebelius and the Presidents Director of AIDS Policy Jeff Crowley with regard to the ADAP (AIDS drug assistance program)crisis. Today I received a letter in the mail from the Department of Health and Human Services regarding my letter (see below).

As of Aug 5th via the website of the ADAP Advocacy Assosciation; 9,039 individuals in 13 states are waiting to receive life saving medications.

click on letter to enlarge


1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, what senator Rubio is asking for will still leave me on a waiting list in Florida. This "extra" money is just enough to keep people already on ADAP from being kicked off. Please keep up your good work to help all of us on waiting lists.As the of the United States of America goes, "Out of many one."

    ReplyDelete

RiseUpToHIV Daily News Digest